top of page
  • Ebony Anuforo

What visas are available to me for a temporary visit to the United States?

In order to enter the United States for a temporary visit, you will need to apply for a non-immigrant visa. A non-immigrant visa is issued to a person with permanent residence outside the United States who wishes to visit the United States on a temporary basis, either for temporary work or study, business, medical treatment or tourism. For individuals  who want to come to the United States to further their education, him/her can apply for a student visa. If you are an investor and would like to invest in a business in the United States, you can apply for a business investor visa. There are also visas for individuals who work in specialty occupations. Those visas require at least a bachelors degree or the equivalent on the job experience. There are many other types non-immigrant visas issued by USCIS. Your purpose of visit, your background and skill set will really help determine which visa you may qualify for. It is important to speak with an experienced Immigration Attorney to help you with the process.


bottom of page